AV Preservation by reto.ch
We are a small, highly skilled moving image conservation and restoration facility based in Switzerland. Our team provides worldwide comprehensive services that encompass the whole range of audio-visual preservation and offer you Swiss quality at a competitive price. We are actively engaged in a number of relevant national and international professional bodies.
Our Services Include
- restoration of historic films
- digitisation for both preservation and access purposes
- data transformations (demultiplex, decode, filter, encode, multiplex)
- digital archiving service
- consultancy on audio-visual preservation issues
- training and research
- developing policies and procedures
- database design, implementation and management
- collection surveying and assessment
- environmental monitoring and risk assessment
- vault design
- disaster planning and recovery
Yep! The «Facility Code» we are using since some time is now an official one.
Swiss Film and Video Directory
The database has been updated on the 4th of October 2014.
Current Training Courses
- Formati digitali per la conservazione e la diffusione di supporti analogici, «Archivi audiovisivi nell’era digitale», Cineteca Regionale Pugliese, 6–8 November 2014 in Bari, Italy [it]
- Archéologie et archivage de l’audiovisuel, Université de Lausanne, 5–9 January 2015 [fr]
- Conservation et restauration de l’audiovisuel, Université de Lausanne, 15–19 June and 11 July 2015 [fr]
- DCP Encoding of Legacy Films
- Bash for Archivists
- Conservation and Restoration of Moving Image (including FFmpeg für Konservatoren und Restauratorinnen), Hochschule der Künste Bern, Autumn 2015 in Berne [de]
- Conservation and Restoration of Moving Image, Akademie der bildenden Künste Wien, Autumn 2015 in Vienna, Austria [de]
Patronage of the Arts and the Sciences
It is not easy being a long term advocate in a short term environment.
Eva Lis Green