We are moving one kilometre to the north-east
The lab in Écublens is closing on the 19th of December 2014 after ten years of activity, and the new facility officially opens on the 2nd of February 2015 in… Écublens!
During the move our services are reduced – we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
AV Preservation by reto.ch
Black and White China Girl
We are a small, highly skilled moving image conservation and restoration facility based in Switzerland. Our team provides worldwide comprehensive services that encompass the whole range of audio-visual preservation and offer you Swiss quality at a competitive price. We are also actively engaged in a number of relevant national and international professional bodies.
Our Services Include
- restoration of historic films
- digitisation for both preservation and access purposes
- data transformations (demultiplex, decode, filter, encode, multiplex)
- digital archiving service
- consultancy on audio-visual preservation issues
- training and research
- developing policies and procedures
- database design, implementation and management
- collection surveying and assessment
- environmental monitoring and risk assessment
- vault design
- disaster planning and recovery
The database has been updated on the 6th of December 2014.
Current Training Courses
- Archéologie et archivage de l’audiovisuel, Université de Lausanne, 5–9 January 2015 [fr]
- Chimica nel restauro. Conservazione e trattamento di film e nastri magnetici, L’Immagine Ritrovata, March or April 2015 in Bologna, Italy [it]
- La conservazione digitale, Università degli Studi di Udine, Spring 2015 in Gorizia, Italy [it]
- Conservation et restauration de l’audiovisuel, Université de Lausanne, 15–19 June and 11 July 2015 [fr]
- Conservation and Restoration of Moving Image (including FFmpeg für Konservatoren und Restauratorinnen), Hochschule der Künste Bern, Autumn 2015 in Berne [de]
- Conservation and Restoration of Moving Image, Akademie der bildenden Künste Wien, 16–18 December 2015 in Vienna, Austria [de]
Patronage of the Arts and the Sciences
It is not easy being a long term advocate in a short term environment.
Eva Lis Green